Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is it! My final email as a missionary! I never, ever, EVER thought that I would get to this point, but I'm pretty sure that this is real life and holy moly it has gone fast.
I was thinking this morning about what to talk about and I just kept thinking about all the things I've learned over the past (almost) 18 months of serving as a full-time missionary. After making a FAT list, I summed up everything I've learned into two categories:
The things I've learned of myself and the things I've learned of the Savior.
Interestingly, as I was reading through my list I realized that EVERYTHING that I've learned about myself stems off of what I have learned about Jesus Christ. And ya know, I think that's how its supposed to work. Soooooo, here are a few of the things I've come to know during time as a missionary-
Of Him:
- He is aware of all of His children.
- He knows all of His children.
- Through Christ all things are possible.
- He is the Son of God.
- His Atonement is central to Heavenly Father's plan.
- His commandments are meant to bless us.
- He can help us become our best selves.
- He knows what we need and when we need it.
- He will guide us.
- He LOVES His children.
Of me:
- I am the daughter of a Heavenly Father.
- I can't do a thing without the help of Jesus Christ.
- I am supposed to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to bless the lives of my brothers and sisters.
- My success in ANYTHING depends on my obedience and willingness to work.
- Charity is the pure love of Christ and if I pray for it, I'll get the opportunity to develop it.
- My prayers are heard and answered.
- The spirit will guide me as I seek its direction.
- My sins and mistakes can be forgiven through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In the words of President Packer, "The Atonement leaves no tracks, no traces. What it fixes is fixed... it just heals, and what it heals stays healed."
- Faith in Christ can solve any problem.
- Being born a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the greatest blessing I could possibly be given.
- Missionary work is a never-ending job, joy, and privilege.
- I can become all that Heavenly Father expects me to become through Jesus Christ.
- I am LOVED by the Lord.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by the priesthood authority. And ultimately, I know that the Lord lives, that He loves us, and that this work is true.
It has been SUCH a blessing to serve in the Colorado Denver South Mission. This is the last place in the world that I wanted to serve, but it sure is a good thing that Heavenly Father knows better than I do. (:
Well, friends... "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith", and I can't wait to see what comes next. I'll see y'all on Monday!!! Thanks for all of your love and support!!!
Smile big, be happy, and I'll see ya soon.
Love,
Sister Harshaw
No comments:
Post a Comment