Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hoppy-Go-Lucky

APRIL 25, 2016

Hiya!! 

This week has been so wonderful! I mean, its actually been pretty average.. but average on a mission is still wonderful because there isn't anything better than being in the service of the Lord! 

So update on rock foot: 
I mayyyy or may not have broken one of the tiny bones on the side of my foot! My whole entire foot bruised up and was/still is all kinds of colors, but the bruise looks a little bit better every day. I still can't walk like a normal human though (I limp around and I feel like a goblin or something hahaha), so the mission nurse is making me get it x-rayed tomorrow morning. Boooooo. I really hope that its just sprained cuz I have a really nice 20 year no-broken-bones streak going and I'd kind of like to keep it going. But we'll see what happens! It only hurts when I walk, so it really hasn't been too much trouble which is good! Its also bad though because missionary work requires a lot of walking and I don't particularly like not working, so I've been on it a lot. Again, there are good and bad things about having a high pain tolerance! 

On Thursday I went to Vail for our Mission Leadership Council and it was soooooo good!! I love having the opportunity to be a part of it. We spent the whole day discussing how we can help the missionaries in the mission work harder and be better and find more people to baptize. We talked a lot about having the faith to reap and how we can encourage others to have that faith. It was a longggg day, but it was so good. And I loved getting to spend it with some of the sisters that I came out here with! Its so cool to see how far we've all come from 9 months ago. Missions do gooooood things to people, that is for sure. Oh, and another bonus of going to MLCs is the drive there. I love the mountains and the drive through them, especially in the spring. It is soooo pretty. Its all about the little things, folks. (: 

Sister Paongo is still quite the companion. She is hilarious, but a total stinker too! She is very stubborn but I've found that she just needs a little bit of love and patience and she gets things done. We are still working on being more unified in our teaching, but we are getting better and better every single day. I am glad to have the opportunity to learn from her!

We got to speak in church yesterday and I talked about the Book of Mormon! More specifically how the Book of Mormon is proof of the Restoration through the prophet Joseph Smith. That book seriously is amazing. I know without a doubt that its true, and it has become one of my best friends since I've been on my mission. If you haven't already, pick it up and start reading it all the way through! Its good for the soul. (; 

I hope all is well and that you're all a bunch of happy campers! I know I am, and its all because of the gospel of Jesus Christ! Its the best! Missions are the best! Life is the best! 

Love, 
Sister Harshaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment