Hellooooo all the way from the MTC! Its been a crazy week, but its been soo good. Well
actually i haven' been here for a whole week yet.. but thats fine. I looooovvvveeee the mtc.
this place is incredible and I'm just so happy to be here. my district is made up of 8 elders
and my companion and i. 4 of the elders are going to las vegas and the rest of us go to
denver, so thats cool! My district is seriously so faithful and they're all such good examples to
me. my companions name is sister collins and shes great. she's from washington and she's
very quiet and kinda shy, but we work well together. she's very kind and takes good
care of me (:
Here are a few things ive learned this week-
1- prayer is the coolest thing in the whole entire universe. we pray a LOT here.. like I'm pretty
sure we say 20 prayers before 10am. But really though, we get to talk directly to our
heavenly father whenever we want and He never gets tired of us. and he answers us too!
2- I am not the teacher here. the spirit is. i am just a mouth and a pair of legs to him to borrow.
I have to study and learn so that i will be prepared, but the real teaching is not me. the
spirit is everywhere in the mtc and i love being in this environment.
3- melatonin saves lives. dont worry mom, i have been sleeping! i dont think i would be getting
any sleep at all if it weren't for the melatonin though hahaha.. i tried not using it the second
night and sat there for about an hour before i gave up and used it. hopefully ill just get
used to going to bed so early and wont have to use it all the time!
4- not having a phone is actually really nice. i do miss google though... lol..
5- being a missionary is the best thing in the whole worldddddd.
im doing really well here and i'm sooooo happy. I love this place.
All the days here are super similar and they all just kinda blend together. We go to class, eat,
go to more class, eat, go to devotionals, etc. We teach our first "investigator" tonight and i'm
really excited!!
anyway, i love yall and i loved your emails and you should send letters this week while i'm still here! i like mail (;
I love yall! be happy!!
sister harshaw (:
No comments:
Post a Comment